In this Post, I am reviewing a book on Windows Identity Foundation by Packt Publishing.
The content of this includes basic to advance topics of Windows Identity foundation. It has full of hands on examples with explanation which can give fair enough knowledge for working with Windows Identity Foundation.
But I feel, It could contain more explanation on the basics of Claims based Authentication, Windows Identity Foundation and some other topics as well. But as a developer, there is enough sample based examples that one can study and so some hands on. Being a developer, It is one of the key point that I need.
So if you have basic knowledge current Authentication and Authorization mechanism and also read n heard a lot about Claim based Authentication. And now if you want to hands on working knowledge then this bo0k will be very helpful for you.
Access control Service (ACS) is main component of Windows Azure and it provides the feature of Authentication and Authorization for Application hosted on Cloud. This book contain step by step examples for working with ACS 2.0.
Also I need to mention the system requirement for working with WIF. These are
- Microsoft Windows Vista® SP1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit), or Windows Server 2008 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or 7.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio® 2010 (excluding Express editions)
- Windows Identity Foundation
You can get a book from here