I am very happy to announce that my video course Learning ASP.NET Web API using ASP.NET Core 1.0 got published. This course is for all the ASP.NET Developers who have little or no experience to Web API as it starts from basics and covers all the key aspects of Rest-ful services with real world examples. It will be similarly helpful to experienced Web API devs because developing it using ASP.NET Core is completely different and many old concepts cannot be used as it is.
The vision of the course is that the viewers understand that how to develop a RESTful web API using the ASP.NET Web API service, and be able to implement a service with a range of data transfer and handling operations. They will understand RESTful service architectures and how different types of application data can be exposed with a web API, to different client endpoints.Let me give overview of the course.
The key features of the course are
- Develop a complete enterprise level REST based HTTP services from scratch using ASP.NET Core Web API with latest standards.
- An example driven course from starting from basics of REST with brief description of new ASP.NET framework ASP.NET Core.
- Discusses all the building blocks: Routing, Controllers, Content Negotiations and security with advance topics like versioning, dependency Injection, caching etc.
- Includes the tips and best practices for making robust and scalable APIs.
- Full of pictorial presentations for core concepts, practical examples and clear step by step instructions with tips and best practices.
What you will learn from this course.
- Understand REST basics and its constraints with real life examples.
- ASP.NET Core framework changes and its impact of ASP.NET Web API.
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Web API : Routing Controllers, HTTP verbs with scenario bases example.
- Implement various data transfer operation and Content negotiation.
- Various security implementations options including OAuth, CORS.
- A good hand holding of Advance topics like dependency Injection, API versioning, HTTP Caching etc.
- Consuming Web API end points using a real world client.
- Tips and best practices of writing better, highly scalable and performant Web API service.
To find more about the video course and watch the sample video Click here.
Thanks a lot to all of you for your continuous support and feedback. Thanks a lot to Packt publishing for providing me the opportunity for this course and being supportive throughout the journey. Thanks a lot to my friends specially Arun for his time, support, feedback and reviews. Also I cannot forget to thanks my wife Renu for being so supportive and taking care of my son Anvit during my late night hours and weekends. Without their support it would not have been possible.
This book is based on my personal learning via blogs, samples, white papers, projects, POCs and many other sources. It has no relations with any of my current and previous employers. As this course is built on ASP.NET Core 1.0 which is not yet completely out and you may expect some changes in the final version. If you find any mistakes or have some constructive feedback, you can share it with me on my mail id – email@example.com I will try my best to address that at earliest.
Again, thanks a lot to all of you for your support and feedback. I am sure you will find it useful and will be very happy to see your valuable feedback and comments.