Visual Studio is very Rich IDE and it provides in-numerous features that makes our day to day life easy. There are some very useful hot keys and tips which can increase our productivity significantly. Earlier I used few hot keys but recently I learned few which I found awesome which drastically reduce my time while writing/debugging/reviewing the code. So learn these and make a habit of these keys and feel super charged while writing code.
- While code review I find many time scattered and unaligned code which I hate. I use CTRL+K+D for aligning it.
- While debugging or testing the code, commenting/commenting codes are done a lot. Use CTRL+K+C/CTRL+K+U for the same.
- How do you up/down certain line of code. Select the code block and use ALT+up/down
- You have a used a lot F12 to go to Definition of class. Use CTRL – to go back.
- How do you resolve the classes by mouse click. Use CTRL+. to resolve it quickly.
- Refactoring is very important. Use CTRL+R+M for extracting a method.
- Find All References -> Use Shift + F12. Very helpful while debugging and fixing bugs.
- Want to put few lines of code in try block. Try Ctrl + K + S, it provides lot more options
- Ever tried selecting a rectangle code. Use ALT click drag.
- Lots of code in a single file. Use CTRL + M + O and CTRL + M + X in collapse/expand code groups like regions, methods etc.
- Lots of code and there are no groups. Use CTRL+M+H/CTRL+M+U
- Another super sweet. ALT+F4 to close the window.
Try using the above in your day to day coding and be more productive.